Friday, November 30, 2007

Haven't Done Too Much Lately

I've haven't really worked on too many new things lately. I keep relisting on Etsy, but haven't had too many sales. Although over Thanksgiving weekend, I sold 4 things! I was so excited. When that happens, I think that things are really going to pick up, then another week goes by with nothing. I've got to find a way to sell more. I need to get into advertising or something. I just don't know where to begin. Right now, I'm working on blankets for my two girls for Christmas. I figure I'll continue relisting and hoping that things will sell until after Christmas, then I can start working on new designs and finding ways to sell more stuff.
I'm really excited about the blankets I'm going to be making the girls. They are "rag" blankets. I've never made this kind before, so we'll see how they turn out. I cut the material for the first one today, but am having a hard time coming up with a design. So, who knows how it will turn out. That's the funnest thing about this business - trying to come up with new ideas and figuring out how to make them work. My favorite so far has been the pink and brown quilt, mostly because it was something new and a challenge. It's had over 900 views on Etsy in the few weeks that it's been there, but no takers. People on the forums don't think I should lower the price, so we'll see what happens. Someone out there will eventually find it and have to have it.
I got a bunch of fabric on after Thanksgiving sales, and have been working mostly on Receiving blankets. Here's a picture of Alexys "modeling" the swaddle look. Isn't she cute?

3 comments:

Danelle (Indie Game Lover) said...

Wow lucky 4 sales over thanksgiving! =D Yay for black friday sales! I feel the same I havn't been making to much new things lately haha

Just A Stay At Home Mom said...

Congrats on 4 years being married!! Wehave 3, so I know what it's like to still be in that honeymoon phase! haah! And with kids too :)

That pink and brown baby will sell in it's time :) There is someone out there that will stumble upon it!

Anonymous said...

try listing a couple things on craigslist with links to your etsy. that's how i've found everything i've bought for my baby. try the st george's craigslist. we don't get a lot down here. i love the blanket i got from you, i can't sew AT ALL (not even a loose button), so i appreciate other people doing it!