Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back in Business



I can't believe it's been so long since my last post on this blog. Christmas was so busy for us. I finally finished the blankets I was working on for the girls. I think they turned out really cute. Here's a pic. We had a great time visiting with both sides of our family, but it was also nice once the craziness was over with and we were able to relax at home again. I had my birthday on January 1st. It was nice. My husband always makes a big effort to make my birthday extra special. However, after that, the new year started and we picked up our busy lives again. Chad started school again and he has been so busy getting ready to go to Colorado next week for a big convention. I have been extremely busy as well. I don't really know what's going on, but business is booming! I've sold 37 items so far this month! That's double my sales since starting last August. My goal was to have an average of 5 sales a month during my first year of business, but I'm having to readjust that now since I've passed it. As of today, my Etsy sold total is 70 items. I had a large order for receiving blankets, but all of the other ones have been individual sales. My husband and I joke that he's buying everything and having it shipped out to random addresses. Since the beginning of this month, I've only had 3 days that no one purchased anything and I've had a couple of days with 3 separate purchases. It's been amazing. It certainly has kept me busy though. And my 2 year old, Myra, loves it, because we go to the Post Office almost every day. She really enjoys the post office because they have a little kid-size bench and TV for her to watch. When she sees me packing something up, she gets so excited. Anyway, whatever is going on, I sure hope it continues! This must just be a busy time of the year for people having babies? I'm also working on a few new ideas right now. And I'm trying to find ways of making my business more professional, like real business cards and gift tags, instead of what I'm just printing off my computer. But, for now I'm having fun with it.

No comments: